Church of St. Kate

This pre-Romanesque church is also the oldest in Novigrad. 


Ban Butko Kurjaković had built in 1393 the church of St. Kate together with the monastery of the Friars Minor.


It is presumed that on a site of today’s church, once existed a Benedictine Abbey with two names (St. Paul and/or St. Kate) and was demolished in 10th century.


The church was surrounded by the former graveyard which was burial site until the 1958.


Original church had been demolished and rebuilt on several occasions.


similar posts:

Kontakt informacije